For those who do not know, Vocab101 is my daily attempt to find a new and interesting word which could potentially be used in everyday circumstances. The words I find range from the obscene, to the unbelievably true and, of course, the colloquial. Thus, Hans’ Milieu now has a ‘Wordy Wednesday’.
Each Hans’ Milieu edition of Vocab101 will take place on Wordy Wednesdays and will contain all the words I have tweeted over the course of one week from the previous Vocab101 session (7 days, 7 new words). Furthermore, each Hans’ Milieu edition of Vocab101 will contain additional new words which did not make the original cut, but are just as tantalising/disturbing!
Chneck – Combination of a chin & a neck with absolutely no definition between the two. Not to be confused with a double chin.
- Spampasta – The word used to describe something that is a total waste of your time, yet still interesting to read or watch.
- Fauxhawk – A full head of hair combed into the middle and lifted to fabricate the look of a Mohawk.
- Riptag – A last minute accessory or clothing purchase that you wear out of the store.
- Dejabrew – The process of starting to remember what was done the night before, after drinking an excessive amount of beer.
- Dotcomrade – An Internet acquaintance; someone you chat with but have never actually met.
- Huggle – A hug with a bit of a snuggle thrown in for good measure.
Vocab101-isms which missed the cut:
Upperdecker – An upperdecker is a ‘prank’ defined as defecating in the upper tank of a toilet and allowing it to fester for as long as possible, thus inevitably sending a chilling brown residue into the bowl upon each flush.
Ubersexual – The new age Metrosexual who is able to display traditional qualities such as confidence, strength and class; while remaining stylish, well groomed and devoid of stereotypes.
Until the next time “Milieunairs”!